- With Thanksgiving just around the corner, Pritzker has has selected gratitude as November’s character strength. Thank people. It’s good for them, and it’s good for you.
- If you send an email or a letter to anyone else thanking him or her for a specific reason, and you show it to Mr. Rosentel (bcc him on emails), you may receive extra credit in Advisory. The number of points you earn will be determined by how detailed and sincere your email or letter of gratitude appears to Mr. Rosentel.
- Studies show that recognizing and acting upon gratitude actually leads to a happier life. Below are links, which Ms. Cassidy compiled, to videos and articles on gratitude:
- Drew Dudley: Everyday leadership [TED Talk]
- A life lesson from a volunteer firefighter: Mark Bezos [TED Talk]
- Dan Gilbert: The surprising science of happiness [TED Talk]
- Gratitude Healthy: 10 Reasons Why Being Thankful is Good for You [Huffington Post]
- The Science of Happiness: An Experiment in Gratitude [YouTube]